Lori - Author/Speaker



I can honestly say that no one has ever called me "normal"! That is just fine with me! God created me to stand out, be different, be weird, and not blend in with the world.


There are definately many personalities floating around in my mind. This makes for quite an interesting day with me! It is "Grand Central Station" up there! I have even 'named them'! (Don't send in the troops just yet)

The great thing about having such diversity is that there is never a dull moment with me! I always make sure that heading up this little party in my mind is the Lord God Himself!


God has shown me how to embrace the 'fun' inside me and use it to better His Kingdom! I have found that I don't have to be a 'stick in the mud' to be a Christian. I am a child of God! I am a Chrsitian! I am a follower of Christ! I AM HIS! Every day I am working toward becoming a better Disciple! I will NEVER be perfect - but I am SAVED; so that is all that matters!!








HE DID THIS FOR YOU!!!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

outside looking in....

"He never helps me do anything around here"
"All she does is nag nag nag"
"Why am I always the bad guy"
"If he ever did anything right it would be a miracle"
I could go on, but I think you get the idea. There are times when I am listening to others and I just have to bite my tongue. All they do is complain about their partner. Nothing either of them do is good enough for the other one. When they hear someone else talk about their partner, they have to say something negative about their own. It seems as though nothing either of them do will ever satisfy the other one. It makes me angry, partly because I don't have that spouse that they have, but mostly because it is so ugly. Do they not realize that all that complaining only makes them ugly. I am not talking about their appearance either. I am talking about their character. I just wana say, "If you are so unhappy with them, why did you marry them?" It also hurts me a little because I can't help but wonder why they don't see how lucky they are.
I realize that no marriage is perfect. (obviously) I also realize that no one person is perfect. If you are old enough to get married, you are probably old enough to realize this yourself. When you marry someone, you should know that they are not always going to do or say the right thing. NEWSFLASH>>>>NEITHER ARE YOU!!
If you are married = cherish your spouse! Instead of finding something wrong with them, find something good. Every day - see something in them that makes you smile. If each of you done this, I believe that would be one happy marriage.
If you are single - search for that person that is imperfect, but makes you smile. See if you can find someone who makes your heart skip a beat. Someone who makes you laugh and allows you to see that imperfection is a wonderful thing.
I know I am not married,but being on the outside looking in, seeing all the negative karma that surrounds marriages today - it is very very very sad! Don't quit on each other- Don't throw it all away so easily. Be original!

No comments: