Lori - Author/Speaker



I can honestly say that no one has ever called me "normal"! That is just fine with me! God created me to stand out, be different, be weird, and not blend in with the world.


There are definately many personalities floating around in my mind. This makes for quite an interesting day with me! It is "Grand Central Station" up there! I have even 'named them'! (Don't send in the troops just yet)

The great thing about having such diversity is that there is never a dull moment with me! I always make sure that heading up this little party in my mind is the Lord God Himself!


God has shown me how to embrace the 'fun' inside me and use it to better His Kingdom! I have found that I don't have to be a 'stick in the mud' to be a Christian. I am a child of God! I am a Chrsitian! I am a follower of Christ! I AM HIS! Every day I am working toward becoming a better Disciple! I will NEVER be perfect - but I am SAVED; so that is all that matters!!








HE DID THIS FOR YOU!!!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Who are we pleasing?

I have often wondered why people feel the need to please everyone around them. I know a few people who, literally, cause themselves so much anxiety just by trying to please those around them. I actually used to BE one of those people.
I have a few problems with this...
1. I don't think people, in general, will ever be satisfied - so why try to please them. You can change anything you want about yourself to make someone else happy and they would still not be pleased with you. You can do everything in your power to make someone like you, but no matter what you do, they will still find fault in you.
B. While you are trying to please everyone else, you are probably loosing who you "really" are. I personally have spent most of my life trying to please others and found that I didn't even know who I was anymore.
Finally - Spending all your time and energy pleasing others will get you nowhere in God's eyes. We must not allow 'man' to decide our steps in life because, after all, 'man' does not decide our fate when we die; and death is eternal. Our time here is short-lived. We must find that line and not cross it. Stop worrying about pleasing everyone around you and start pleasing the One who will, ironically enough, accept you for who you are!
This is just my opinion and I would love to hear your feed back...

No comments: