Let's Do This!

I can honestly say that no one has ever called me "normal"! That is just fine with me! God placed a lot of personalities within my tiny mind and it is a journey to say the least. I have even 'named them'! (Don't send in the troops just yet) As I have grown in my walk with Christ, I have learned to make sure that HE is always heading up this little party in my mind! Now that you know I am a little crazy - Let's get to it! Let's explore The Word and The Truth. Let's walk where Jesus walked. Let's be ready for God to change us! Let's get out of our comfort zones! Don't limit God's work in you. Don't try to be a Christ Follower in a box. I tried that - it didn't work. Embrace who God created you to be! I am a child of God! I am a follower of Christ! I am not, and never will be, perfect! I am not normal and don't want to be! I am loved! I AM HIS!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Who are we pleasing?

I have often wondered why people feel the need to please everyone around them. I know a few people who, literally, cause themselves so much anxiety just by trying to please those around them. I actually used to BE one of those people.
I have a few problems with this...
1. I don't think people, in general, will ever be satisfied - so why try to please them. You can change anything you want about yourself to make someone else happy and they would still not be pleased with you. You can do everything in your power to make someone like you, but no matter what you do, they will still find fault in you.
B. While you are trying to please everyone else, you are probably loosing who you "really" are. I personally have spent most of my life trying to please others and found that I didn't even know who I was anymore.
Finally - Spending all your time and energy pleasing others will get you nowhere in God's eyes. We must not allow 'man' to decide our steps in life because, after all, 'man' does not decide our fate when we die; and death is eternal. Our time here is short-lived. We must find that line and not cross it. Stop worrying about pleasing everyone around you and start pleasing the One who will, ironically enough, accept you for who you are!
This is just my opinion and I would love to hear your feed back...

No comments: