Let's Do This!

I can honestly say that no one has ever called me "normal"! That is just fine with me! God placed a lot of personalities within my tiny mind and it is a journey to say the least. I have even 'named them'! (Don't send in the troops just yet) As I have grown in my walk with Christ, I have learned to make sure that HE is always heading up this little party in my mind! Now that you know I am a little crazy - Let's get to it! Let's explore The Word and The Truth. Let's walk where Jesus walked. Let's be ready for God to change us! Let's get out of our comfort zones! Don't limit God's work in you. Don't try to be a Christ Follower in a box. I tried that - it didn't work. Embrace who God created you to be! I am a child of God! I am a follower of Christ! I am not, and never will be, perfect! I am not normal and don't want to be! I am loved! I AM HIS!

Monday, August 30, 2021

 God Does Not Show up... We Wake Up!

So often, we find ourselves in the midst of trials and temptations that are out of our control. We won't admit it, but they are. We do everything we can to control the wheel, change lanes, drive faster, change vehicles - but none of this will change what has already been planned ahead before we ever met those trials and temptations. The only thing we can change is the road we end up taking through them.

Going through hard times alone is never what God intended for us. He never wanted us to be left alone in this world because He knew what the world would become. Folks - nothing is new to God! I heard in a women's Bible Study one time that God doesn't sit up there in Heaven and one day say "Oh well look at that! Didn't see THAT one coming!" He Knows ALL - BEFORE it happens.

Now we can get into a discussion on "Well why does He allow bad things to happen then?" But that is not for this post. Will gladly talk about that another time.

No - this post is about the fact that IN those trials and temptations - we are NEVER alone! We may feel as though we are, but we are not. 

John 16:33 "I have told you these things so you may have peace in Me. In the world you will have much trouble. But take hope! I have power over the world!” 

I have slept through many trials and temptations of my own. In that I mean, I went through them with my eyes closed and my mind asleep to the fact that there may be a better way. I was busy in my own anger, shame, sorrow, or whatever Satan was making me feel to notice who was with me. I had my eyes closed to what God was trying to show me. Because of this, many times I stayed in those trials and I failed at the temptations because I refused to open my eyes and wake up! I was too busy whining about the trouble I was in to see the way out.

Walking blindly in this world can be deadly! It can cause more trials than God intended for you. It can cause us to fall to temptations when God wants to protect us. You see, God gives us FREE WILL. Freedom to choose to listen and follow Him, or not. He does this because He does not need us to answer His call or listen to Him. He does not need our help in anything. (that was a hard one for me - still learning to shut up when He is trying to help me) God does not need us - He WANTS us. He wants us to show that WE NEED HIM.  He won't force us onto the right roads. He won't grab the wheel from us. He won't make us turn His way. Now, because He loves us He is patient and merciful and desires for us to turn to His ways. But He won't force us. So you can choose to walk around asleep in this world and chance your outcome OR you can choose to WAKE UP and see that God is right there with you, guiding you, protecting you, and loving you. 

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not told you? Be strong and have strength of heart! Do not be afraid or lose faith. For the Lord your God is with you anywhere you go.” 

Deuteronomy 31:6 "So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”

Isaiah 41:10 "Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."

No comments: