Let's Do This!

I can honestly say that no one has ever called me "normal"! That is just fine with me! God placed a lot of personalities within my tiny mind and it is a journey to say the least. I have even 'named them'! (Don't send in the troops just yet) As I have grown in my walk with Christ, I have learned to make sure that HE is always heading up this little party in my mind! Now that you know I am a little crazy - Let's get to it! Let's explore The Word and The Truth. Let's walk where Jesus walked. Let's be ready for God to change us! Let's get out of our comfort zones! Don't limit God's work in you. Don't try to be a Christ Follower in a box. I tried that - it didn't work. Embrace who God created you to be! I am a child of God! I am a follower of Christ! I am not, and never will be, perfect! I am not normal and don't want to be! I am loved! I AM HIS!

Sunday, October 24, 2021

Waiting is not my strong suit....

How many of you are with me on this? Waiting. Being patient. Not exactly something you like to do - or can do easily. That is me. 

Especially in times of trials and when everything seems to be falling apart. How can we "just wait" in those times? How do we learn to be patient and have faith? 

Psalm27 

This is a very powerful Psalm and there is SO MUCH in here to learn. David ends this Psalm with "Wait for the Lordbe strong and take heart  and wait for the Lord." But what does he say before this? David begins by stating "the Lord is my Light; stronghold". He begins with this declaration and ends with an answer. What is in the middle?

"When the wicked advance, the army besiege me, when war breaks out....my enemies will fall, my heart will not fear, I will be confident" Can you say the same? Can you be confident and keep your heart from fear when everything seems to be attacking you? David says he will remain confident in the Lord, even then. He is under attack and still remains confident that the Lord will rescue him. How can David be so confident? 

When I am under attack and when things are falling apart in my life, I definitely am not confident - sad truth. My first response is, "What am I going to do?" "How will I get through this?" It is not the way David responds here in this Psalm. I can learn a lot from David's confidence here!! Where does he get this confidence? How can he "just wait"?

Psalm 27:8 "My heart says to you, "Seek His face!" 

What does your heart say? 

David's heart seeks the face of God. His heart is focused on God. He asks for God to "teach him His ways" and "lead him on His path". THAT is how he can remain so confident in the Lord when he is under attack! David seeks God's will and his heart is focused on God.

Scripture tells us over and over to guard our hearts. To keep The Word of God on our hearts. David shows us here what happens when we do. Our confidence will be in the Lord. We will be able to remain confident in times of trouble.

David speaks of his mother and father forsaking him. Even when those who are closest to us forsake us, even then we should be confident in the Lord. Others will break our hearts, mislead us, and maybe even do us wrong. It is not always just our enemies that attack us. We need to be sure to guard our hearts at all times and seek The One who will NEVER forsake us.

Guard your hearts. Seek His face! Only then will you be able to wait on the Lord!


No comments: