Let's Do This!

I can honestly say that no one has ever called me "normal"! That is just fine with me! God placed a lot of personalities within my tiny mind and it is a journey to say the least. I have even 'named them'! (Don't send in the troops just yet) As I have grown in my walk with Christ, I have learned to make sure that HE is always heading up this little party in my mind! Now that you know I am a little crazy - Let's get to it! Let's explore The Word and The Truth. Let's walk where Jesus walked. Let's be ready for God to change us! Let's get out of our comfort zones! Don't limit God's work in you. Don't try to be a Christ Follower in a box. I tried that - it didn't work. Embrace who God created you to be! I am a child of God! I am a follower of Christ! I am not, and never will be, perfect! I am not normal and don't want to be! I am loved! I AM HIS!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Life

"Now these things occurred as examples to keep us from setting out hearts on evil things as they did....We should not test that Lord, as some of them did...And do not grumble, as some of them did...These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warning for us...So if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall. No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." 1 Corinthians 10: 6-12
These are various verses I got from 1 Corinthians Chapter 10. Let's break it down...
Does it say anywhere in their that we are NOT going to have trials? Does it say anywhere in there that we are NOT going to be tempted? Does it say anywhere in that we were NOT warned of these things? NO!!! SO, why do people feel the need to complain about their lives and the things that aren't going "their way"? Why do people feel the need to ask "Why?" when something goes wrong? It's like some expect their lives to be perfect. It's like some expect to have it all work out the way "they want". I don't get it!! I have spoked to and come in contact with many people and heard those questions, comments, and seen their anger and frustration when something is not going right with their lives. I used to be like that. I used to think that I didn't "deserve it". I used to question what I was doing wrong to derserve the trials. Well, Job didn't do anything to deserve his trials and he got 'em anyway. NOWHERE in God's Word does He say that He will not give us trials or temptations! EVERYWHERE it states that we ARE going to be tempted! Man is sinful and because of that, we are going to be made to make choices. God is not going to hand us the answers to life's tests. He wants us to CHOOSE to follow Him. He will not take our hand and lead us if we drag our feet, stomp our feet, and refuse to go with Him. It takes TRUST and FAITH! STOP EXPECTED YOUR LIFE TO BE PERFECT OR GO THE WAY YOU PLAN IT! You can plan all you want - GOD IS IN CONTROL! Proverbs 16:9 "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines His steps." IT'S NOT UP TO US!! We plan and hope and expect better things in life. That's ok. But be prepared when they don't go that way! Don't grumble and complain!! Don't act surpised as if you weren't warned!
Also, there is light at the end of the tunnel! God tells us He will see us through it. AMEN! Why try to control your steps and take over? God is in control - not you! Let Him lead you! It  may not be in the direction you would have chosen. It may not be what you wanted. But it will be BETTER cause it will be what God wants! We can not fathom what God has in store for us. We can not predict our future. We can only TRUST and have FAITH.  We should not expect the answers cause they are not going to be given to us. We were not put here on this earth to live for ourselves. We were placed here to live for Christ! Maybe your reward won't be while you are alive. Have you read the Bible? Have you heard what Heaven is like? If not - do it!!! Perfect peace! Perfect love! Perfect harmony! PERFECT!! If it's perfection you are striving for... LOOK TO HEAVEN!! It may seem unfair. It may seem cruel. It may even seem worthless. But it only seems that way because you are thinking of the world. You are thinking about how the world sees perfection; not how God see's it! Get out of the worldly thoughts and jump into God's! Trust me - they are much better!! It's not easy. It is a long road. It is a rough road. You are not given clear directions. BUT IT IS WORTH IT!!
Please, if you are trying hard to make your life work out the way you want it to... STOP! Allow your Heavenly Father to make it the way HE wants it!!
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16
"The Lord your God is with you, he is mightly to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17
"We love because he first loved us.: 1 John 4:19

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this Blog and it really fits life right now for you! Thanks for sharing and know that I am so proud of the person you have become.

Anonymous said...

I think one of the hardest things for parents to do is hold themselves accountable to their children. Because if we don't, our kids will ask us "why do you do that" or "why do you say that" when we tell them not to. I struggled the whole time my kids were growing up with being the kind of mom they would never be ashamed of, one that I would never have to lie about. I'm the first to tell them yet today that I didn't deserve to have such great kids, that they were a unearned gift. Although we are the parents and our children should answer to us, I believe in areas of character, behavior, etc, we answer to our kids. Because if we don't, if we can't look our kids in the eye, and maintain the type of character we expect them to, that's the worst kind of hypocrisy. I believe the kind of moral platform God calls us to stand on is for all of us, not just for the other person. And if we choose to stand on that platform, we will "run and not grow weary, walk and not faint".

October 4, 2010 3:46 PM

Chosen said...

Anonymous - I am late with this due to no computer; however, I thank you for your comment. I agree with the fact that our children can teach us as well. I owe a lot of my own choices, character, reasonings, and behavior to my children. I made those choices because of them. For that, I am thankful, becuase I know without them, I may not have chosen to walk the path I did.
I agree that we do not deserve our children and they are unearned gifts. All of our gifts are unearned because nothing we have was given to us without the sacrifice of Christ. We will never do enough or say enough to "earn" anything because we will never deserve it. However, our Lord gives it to us anyway.
God Bless you.