Let's Do This!

I can honestly say that no one has ever called me "normal"! That is just fine with me! God placed a lot of personalities within my tiny mind and it is a journey to say the least. I have even 'named them'! (Don't send in the troops just yet) As I have grown in my walk with Christ, I have learned to make sure that HE is always heading up this little party in my mind! Now that you know I am a little crazy - Let's get to it! Let's explore The Word and The Truth. Let's walk where Jesus walked. Let's be ready for God to change us! Let's get out of our comfort zones! Don't limit God's work in you. Don't try to be a Christ Follower in a box. I tried that - it didn't work. Embrace who God created you to be! I am a child of God! I am a follower of Christ! I am not, and never will be, perfect! I am not normal and don't want to be! I am loved! I AM HIS!

Monday, January 28, 2013

Place God First On Your Schedule

The day begins with the CHARGE call of my alarm. Slowly making my way from room to room waking each sleeping child; I can't help but wish I had just a few more moments of sleep. To the coffee pot I go as the smell makes it's way to my nose. While the little ones skamper around upstairs, calling "Where is my...?"; I open God's Word to become lost in His Word. I read a verse or two and ponder on the meaning of them. Some days His Word speaks joy and others It only confuses me more. Either way, I know that without this brief encounter of His Word, my day can not begin right. Doing my best to drown out the qaus amoung the morning, I fix my thoughts on what God is trying to show me. It is only for a brief moment, but in that moment I find my sanity. There are days when I have more time once the little ones are gone. I love those days because I can loose myself outside of this world. The escape is like a mini-vacation that has long been needed. I long for these days! I embrace these days! These days are too few! Living in this world takes a lot of planning and careful consideration on one's next step. I have almost every day planned ahead of time and almost every hour is already gone before it even exists. It is so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of it all. Living life is not entirely wrong. We all must plan, schedule, do, and be. However, we don't all have to plan, schedule, do, or be without God. I CAN'T! I find that whenever I try, it always ends in failure. Without God heading each moment, each day, each week, and each month on my hectic schedule; it is all just a blur! It has no meaning! Place meaning in your life! Put God on your schedule FIRST!!

No comments: