Let's Do This!

I can honestly say that no one has ever called me "normal"! That is just fine with me! God placed a lot of personalities within my tiny mind and it is a journey to say the least. I have even 'named them'! (Don't send in the troops just yet) As I have grown in my walk with Christ, I have learned to make sure that HE is always heading up this little party in my mind! Now that you know I am a little crazy - Let's get to it! Let's explore The Word and The Truth. Let's walk where Jesus walked. Let's be ready for God to change us! Let's get out of our comfort zones! Don't limit God's work in you. Don't try to be a Christ Follower in a box. I tried that - it didn't work. Embrace who God created you to be! I am a child of God! I am a follower of Christ! I am not, and never will be, perfect! I am not normal and don't want to be! I am loved! I AM HIS!

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Call me Strange - but Don't call the troops!

There are times when I wonder if I should check myself into a mental ward. Seriously, I pride myself in being different; standing out; and being a "one of a kind". However, when it interferes with me making the right choices in life and deciding what to do and what not to do - the voices are not always welcome. There are times when they shout so loudly that I want to just shout back, "SHUT UP!". I don't though for fear of someone wanting to put my in a straight jacket. My daughters have often just looked at me, shook their heads, and walked away.
When I am writing, these voices come in handy. I can pretend to be someone else, somewhere else, and I can put my imagination to work. It is nice when it comes to making up stories and creating characters. However, it is not so nice when I want, or need, to be normal. What I want to do is not always what I should do and what I know to be right, I don't always want to do. (Sound familiar) This is a constant struggle within my own thoughts. It is a daily struggle with my character, personality, and my daily living in general.
Now, don't sit there reading this and shake your head as if I were off my rocker. And, definately, don't call in the troops! You know, deep down, that you have felt this way as well. Don't deny it! Heck, you can say "Ya, I hear ya" and no one will know cause your not PUTTING IT ON THE INTERNET. I don't worry to much anymore what others may say or think. I am what I am. There are times when those voices come in handy. I have one, Suzie (yes, I name them), that has a way of looking at the laughter in everything. When something goes wrong or someone does me wrong, I listen to Suzie cause she can make a joke, crack a comment, or make me think of something good to take my mind off the bad. I definately don't listen to George - he is loud, obnoxious, and often does not give the best advice. I do not have split personalities people. I just have different thoughts at different times.
Folks, this is me! I have embraced the difference in me and I have accepted the fact that I am not like most. News flash - NEITHER ARE YOU! Not one of us is like the other; even if you are a twin. God made all of us uniquie in His image. We all have different personalities and different characters. We all are made by God, but with our own talents, gifts, and abilities. It is up to us to use those to better this world for our Creator.
I take these voices and different personalities within me and use them to better understand Scripture and teach others about God's Word and what He expects of us. I can relate to many other people who are stuggling because, more often than not, I can guarentee that there is a voice inside my head to match what they are going through. Seriously, think about it. I can use the "strangeness" that is me and relate to whatever someone else may be going through so that God can work through me to help them get through their own problems and situations.
Like I said, we are all created for a certain uniqueness and it is up to us to embrace that and use it the way God intended for us to. We all have good and bad in us. We all have the freedom to choose sin or not. We all have different personalities within us (come on, admit it). We all have different talents and abilities. It is how we use our own uniqueness that counts; that changes our future and the future of those around us. Whatever you do, it will effect others. Whether you think it does or not; it does. Every choice you make not only effects you, but those around you.
So call me strange, call me weird, sit there and shake your head; it doesn't matter to me. I have embraced it all to use it to better this life the way God intended me to do so. I dare you to embrace your own weirdness, uniqueness, or whatever you want to call it. Turn it around to be used by God to better His world!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very well put Lori, I enjoy reading your blogs, it does help to understand things a bit better.

Ash said...

We aren't doing effective ministry if we aren't embracing the different parts of us. We have to accept the insane, quirky parts of our makeup or we are failing to work as the body. It does no good for a foot to try and be a hand. Or for a mouth to be an ear. We all have a unique purpose and intention and we are diminishing God's work in us by shunning our responsibilities and trading it in to be someone else.

-Miss Ashley
http://copiousmusings.WordPress.com

Unknown said...

Lori, we love you just like you are. Those other voices just proves you are normal. We all have them but many of us don't want to admit it. God speaks to each of us in mysterious ways. Praise God that he has given you four wonderful girls who each have their own personality. You must challenge yourself to communicate with each of them. It's like wearing multiple hats. One for yourself and one for each of them. Remember to allow the Lord to lead and guide you to be the best you can be to everyone you meet. I love you, Lord, and I lift my voice to worship you, Oh my soul rejoice! Take joy, my King, in what you hear may it be a sweet sweet sound in your ear.