Let's Do This!

I can honestly say that no one has ever called me "normal"! That is just fine with me! God placed a lot of personalities within my tiny mind and it is a journey to say the least. I have even 'named them'! (Don't send in the troops just yet) As I have grown in my walk with Christ, I have learned to make sure that HE is always heading up this little party in my mind! Now that you know I am a little crazy - Let's get to it! Let's explore The Word and The Truth. Let's walk where Jesus walked. Let's be ready for God to change us! Let's get out of our comfort zones! Don't limit God's work in you. Don't try to be a Christ Follower in a box. I tried that - it didn't work. Embrace who God created you to be! I am a child of God! I am a follower of Christ! I am not, and never will be, perfect! I am not normal and don't want to be! I am loved! I AM HIS!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Capturing the Moment

We all like to take pictures with our cameras. We take them to almost every special event and we "click away".  Then we bring those pictures home to be developed, or downloaded, so that we may share them with others. We post pictures to our webistes, Facebook, or we email them to friends and family. Some of us still do it "the old-fashioned way" and actually place them into an albumn. Then we may set that albumn out for all those who stop by to view. The point is, we all like to keep those memories for years to come and we want to share them with others. These may be pictures of special events, family gatherings, fun times with friends, or simply a special moment. We want to treasure those moments and keep them forever.
I want to share with you pictures that I keep in my mind daily. They may not be downloaded on my website, placed in an albumn on my coffee table, or placed in my purse. They are, however, implanted in my heart and there they will stay forever.
Psalm 23:4-5 - My Father holding my hand
Revelations 7:15-17 - My eternal resting place
Matthew 27: 27-31 - My Savior being beaten
Matthew 27: 45, 46 - My Savior's loneliness
Luke 24: 1-8 - The Resurrection
These are images that I see as I awake. I remind myself daily that The King of Kings is always with me to help defend me from my enemies. I will never forget the trials and pain that my Savior went through by being beaten, mocked, and crucified by those He came to save. And, when all seems lost, I remember the victory Christ had over death and I know that no matter what - He has already WON!

No comments: