Let's Do This!

I can honestly say that no one has ever called me "normal"! That is just fine with me! God placed a lot of personalities within my tiny mind and it is a journey to say the least. I have even 'named them'! (Don't send in the troops just yet) As I have grown in my walk with Christ, I have learned to make sure that HE is always heading up this little party in my mind! Now that you know I am a little crazy - Let's get to it! Let's explore The Word and The Truth. Let's walk where Jesus walked. Let's be ready for God to change us! Let's get out of our comfort zones! Don't limit God's work in you. Don't try to be a Christ Follower in a box. I tried that - it didn't work. Embrace who God created you to be! I am a child of God! I am a follower of Christ! I am not, and never will be, perfect! I am not normal and don't want to be! I am loved! I AM HIS!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Romans 6:1-7

"What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means!"
Is it ok for us to go on sinning and say "Well, I'm only human" or "God's grace will save me" or "I will ask for forgivness later"?? This clearly states that it is NOT!  I have heard these comments from other so many times. I have to admit, honestly, I have used the excusses myself as well. If we know it is a sin and we do it anyway, we MAY NOT BE FORGIVEN! If we are not forgiven, then we are not saved!! If you know something is a sin and you do it anyway, knowingly, just because you think God's grace will save you - you are wrong! Playing with that kind of chance is not smart!
"We died to sin; how, can we live in it longer?"
"For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin - because anyone who has died has been freed from sin."
We are FREE from sin!! AMEN!! Sin no longer holds to us and controls us! When we are baptized and freed from slavery of sin, we can enjoy the freedom that comes through Christ! Does all this mean we can sin no more? NO! We are human, unfortunately, and we will make mistakes. However, there is a difference between making a mistake and doing something that we KNOW is wrong when we don't have to. Don't take God's grace and forgivness for granted or it may not be available to you anymore!!

No comments: